I just received notice of this road-gig vacancy...thought I'd share the news:
The Glenn Miller Orchestra is hiring a bassist.
- hiring date of Thursday September 28th 2017.
- All applicants must be a US citizen with a current/ valid passport.
- Applicants should include several excerpts in various styles (swing, ballad, etc), a few solos, and use of the bow.
- These excerpts are at the discretion of the candidate, should each be no more than a minute in length, and must be submitted in (individual) MP3 format.
- Concise YouTube clips are encouraged but not required.
- The firm deadline for audition submissions is Thursday August 24th 2017.
All auditions and inquiries should be submitted to:
Mr. Ashley Hall / road manager