Fraser Street Saxes
The Fraser Street Saxes is an all-saxophone band playing Bebop, Jazz, Latin Jazz, Classical, Pop, Soul, Funk and more. What's not to like?
We play fun & challenging music that is arranged to have suitable parts for players at all levels.
We work to build a nice community of saxophonists, fostering respectful mentor-like relationships between the older and younger musicians.
We are open to saxophonists in grades 8-12 with at least 3 years' playing experience. Enrollment is limited to 10 students per group.
Watch FSS in action
2019 Penn State Single Reed Summit
2018 State College Area HS Jazz Festival
2019 State College Area HS Jazz Festival
• TUESDAY group: 4:30 - 5:30, Sept. 3–Nov. 12*
• WEDNESDAY group: 5:00 - 6:00, Sept. 4–Nov. 13*
• St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, room 121 (corner of S. Fraser St. & W. Foster Ave.)
• contact me with questions
* no rehearsal Oct 8/9 for Yom Kippur
Calendar / Performance(s)
• Performance TBD in late October / early November
Fall 2019 Tuition
• $135 general
• $120 for students concurrently taking private lessons with Rick Hirsch
• Please pay in full at or before the first rehearsal. If it's more convenient to split into two payments, let me know.
Enroll or ask questions: