Fraser Street Saxes
The Fraser Street Saxes is an all-saxophone band playing Bebop, Jazz, Latin Jazz, Funk and more. What's not to like?
We play fun & challenging music that is arranged to have suitable parts for players at all levels.
We work to build a nice community of saxophonists, fostering respectful mentor-like relationships between the older and younger musicians.
We are open to saxophonists in grades 8-12 with at least 3 years' playing experience. Enrollment is limited to 10.
Watch FSS in action
2019 Penn State Single Reed Summit
2018 State College Area HS Jazz Festival
• Wednesdays 4:30 - 5:45
• SPRING 2019 SESSION: March 20 — May 29
• St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, room 121 (corner of S. Fraser St. & W. Foster Ave.)
• no rehearsal on April 10 (RH gig out of town)
• Friday, May 3 @ State College Area High School Jazz Festival
• More TBD
• $140 general
• $125 for students presently taking private lessons with Rick Hirsch
• Please pay in full at the first rehearsal. If it's more convenient to split into two payments, let me know.
Enroll or ask questions: