Current students & PARENTS
fraser street saxes & lesson INFO
• An all-saxophone band playing Bebop, Funk, Latin Jazz and more. So, what's not to like?
• Fun & challenging music that is arranged to have suitable parts for players at all levels.
• We work to build a nice community of saxophonists, fostering respectful mentor-like relationships between the older and younger musicians.
• Open to saxophonists in grades 9-12 with at least 3 years' playing experience.
• Enrollment is limited to 10.
Watch these live videos!
• Wednesdays 4:30 - 5:45
• WINTER 2019 SESSION: January 9 — March 13 (15th - see below)
• St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, room 121 (corner of S. Fraser St. & W. Foster Ave.)
• no rehearsal on March 6 (SCASD Spring Break)
• Saturday, February 9, afternoon TBD, Penn State Single Reed Summit
• Friday, March 15, 7:15, State Theatre lobby TBD
• $140 general
• $125 for students presently taking private lessons with Rick Hirsch
• Please pay in full at the first rehearsal. If it's more convenient to split into two payments, let me know.
Enroll or ask questions:
Take weekly one-on-one lessons with one of the leading jazz/saxophone educators in Pennsylvania
Learn music in greater depth than you are able to in school band/jazz band
Rick Hirsch’s students consistently earn spots in All-State and other PMEA honors ensembles
Convenient Downtown Location
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, room 121 (corner of S. Fraser St. & W. Foster Ave.)
Rates for weekly and bi-weekly lessons (valid 2018-19 school year)
. 30-min. = $32 . 45-min. = $46 . 60-min. = $60
* bi-weekly lesson priority goes to out-of-town students (Huntingdon, Altoona, etc.)